ELBA is committed to respecting any data you share with us, keeping it safe and only using it in ways that are legitimate. We will always be transparent about how we are processing your data and will only share it with other organisations if you have given us clear consent to do so and where we have a legitimate reason to do so.
This privacy notice sets out how we collect data, how we will process it and what rights you have.
Where we collect information about you
The ELBA will collect information about you in a number of ways including when you:
• request support from one of our programmes
• access one of our programmes
• register interest for volunteering
• attend an event
• give consent to receive our newsletter or other marketing materials
• give consent for use of your image, video footage, words
• enquire about a service, event, volunteering opportunity or work-placement, in order for us to
fulfil your enquiry
• apply to work at ELBA
• participate in work experience or internships
How do we use your personal data?
We collect personal data about people who get involved in our programmes, support us or come into contact with us in any other way. This is so that we can:
• provide you with a service e.g. employment support, facilitate volunteering needs, mentoring scheme etc
• ensure you don’t have to keep providing us with basic details when you interact with us or attend different services and activities
• keep you up to date with our work (if you opt in to our newsletters and marketing materials)
• monitor the work we do
• report to our funders
• tell stories to help us promote our work (with your permission)
• send you information about how to get involved and support our work, through volunteering
• look into and respond to complaints and enquiries
• consider your suitability for employment with ELBA
What personal data we collect and how we use it
We may collect personal data (including special categories of data where appropriate and with your consent) which includes the following:
• Email address
• Telephone and/or mobile number
Depending on what programme you are involved in, event or activity you are accessing, we may also collect information about:
• Date of birth
• Your health
• Any special education needs or disability you tell us about
• Your employment history
• Your interests and motivations
• Family information (including children and spouse)
• Your bank or payment details
• Country of origin
• National Insurance Number and NHS Number
• Your nationality and right to work in the UK
How we keep your data safe and who has access to it
ELBA will only collect and store the personal data that we need, and it will be stored in line with current legislation and the ELBA’s Record Retention and Protection Policy and Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy.
All personal data that we collect will be stored securely in password protected and restricted systems. Only relevant staff will have access to your data.
All staff and data processors who have access to your data will regularly undertake data protection training and follow ELBA’s policies and procedures.
When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, ELBA cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Where do we store your data
We only store your data on servers that are based in the European Union. In accordance to data protection legislation we do not transfer data outside of any of the member states.
Sharing your information
We will only share your personal information with partners if you give us permission to do so, for example to arrange a volunteering opportunity, or to put you forward for a job vacancy.
We won’t share your information with any other organisation for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites, unless your explicit consent is obtained beforehand.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
• Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
• Request to change incorrect or incomplete data
• Request to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
• Object to the processing of your data where ELBA is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
• Request to port your data to another organisation
If you would like information about the data we hold on your, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. If you believe that the ELBA has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner Office.
ELBA treats your relationship with us as confidential unless there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else. In this instance, we may have to pass this information onto a third party such as the emergency services.
If you are under 16
If you’re under 16, we must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to provide any personal data to us, and we may require them to provide certain data on your behalf.
Keeping your information up to date
We’re keen to keep in touch with all our members and beneficiaries. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to update your contact details.
Links to other websites
Third party websites
In order to provide you a better service we use the following third party platforms:
• Eventbrite (for seminars, tours and other paid events, to process payments to attend)
• SurveyMonkey (for feedback)
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us about any information about this privacy notice, to request a Subject Access Request or for any other questions about how the ELBA uses your personal data, please email email@example.com or write to:
Data Protection Officer,
East London Business Alliance,
3rd Floor, City Reach
5 Greenwich View Place
Changes to this Notice
We regularly review our privacy notice, and we may make changes from time to time. Any changes made will be updated on our privacy notice and posted to our website.
If you would like to see the ELBA’s Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy, you can contact the Data Protection officer at the address provided above.
This privacy notice was last changed on May 2018