Training and Skills Development Lead
- Job Title: Training and Skills Development Lead
- Reports to: Programme Manager, Employment and Skills
- Salary: £30,000-£34,000 pa
- Hours: 35 hours per week, some evening work is required
- Annual leave: 27 days per annum plus public holidays
- Length of contract: 12 month fixed term contract (extension subject to funding)
- Location: ELBA, 5 Greenwich View Place, London E14 9NN
- Application deadline: 31st May 5pm
- Interviews commence: 5th and 6th June
Applicants please click ‘Apply here’ below to apply. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
When ELBA’s employment and skills programme was established in 2005, its mandate was simple; to engage our member companies in the local unemployment agenda and help disadvantaged people from East London into work. Since then, we have supported over 6, 000 people into work, thousands more have benefitted from work experience placements, internships, mentors and training.
Our approach to skills and employment embraces the many dimensions of people’s lives and recognises the critical junctures disadvantaged communities face when considering aspirations, careers and employment.
ELBA’s unique status as a private sector funded regeneration agency, lends itself perfectly to employment and skills agenda. Our membership base of over 80 employers provides access to their opportunities, supply chains and strong market knowledge; enabling us to galvanise and drive this crucial work forward. With over 30 years’ experience of serving East London, our unrivalled independent position has allowed us to develop a reputation for being employer led in our ethos and commitment to quality and evidence of success.
Purpose of the job
This is an exciting new role to lead on the delivery of ELBA’s responsible recruitment and retention work around key skills and progression. Utilising project management, relationship management and training delivery skills, the successful post holder will roll out a range of training interventions to support the skills development of those seeking to get into employment or progress in work.