Project Manager – Mentoring Works
- Job Title: Project Manager – Mentoring Works
- Reports to: Mentoring Works Programme Manager with some indirect reporting to the BIG Alliance Programme Manager
- Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 pa
- Hours: 35 hours per week, some evening work is required
- Annual leave: 27 days per annum plus public holidays
- Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract
- Location: Spilt between the BIG Alliance office in Islington – precise location to be determined, and the ELBA Office: 5 Greenwich View Place, London E14 9NN. Home working will also be required.
- Application deadline: Wednesday 14th April 2021, 5pm
- Interviews commence: Virtual interviews to be held the week commencing 26th April
BIG Alliance (Businesses for Islington Giving) is ELBA’s partnership with Islington Giving and the Macquarie Foundation. It delivers business-supported employee volunteer programmes to strengthen links between businesses, community organisations and education institutions across Islington. In doing so, it aims to help address issues of poverty and isolation, which are prevalent across the borough, despite the perception of Islington being an area of high wealth. Established in 2012, BIG Alliance aims to make community investment easier, more effective and more rewarding for its business members. It is a subsidiary of the East London Business Alliance – a registered charity that has been supporting the social and economic regeneration of east London for 30 years.
About Mentoring Works: BIG Alliance and ELBA’s Mentoring Works programme has been running since 1996 and has supported thousands of young people across London and beyond. Mentoring Works connects Year 10 and Sixth Form/college students to volunteer business mentors working in Islington, the City and Canary Wharf. Mentors and mentees connect regularly for sessions designed to develop the knowledge, skills and qualities needed for future careers. Sessions explore the Skills Builder framework and key employability competencies but can also be tailored to individual needs. Mentoring Works provides resources, guides mentees in their own decisions and discoveries and promotes networks, opportunities and social mobility.
Purpose of the job: To be responsible for supporting the key aims and deliverables of Mentoring Works, with a particular focus on the requirements of the grant agreement with Islington Giving and other Islington funders. The Mentoring Works Project Manager will need to develop and manage strong relationships with schools and colleges; recruit students and engage and train business volunteers as mentors; design resources; deliver sessions; monitor relationships; support with safeguarding and obtain and present robust impact evaluation for the programme. You will be required to support other members of the Mentoring Works team and your colleagues in the BIG Alliance as and when required. The post will be managed by the Mentoring Works Programme Manager, with further support and training from the Mentoring Works team. The post holder will have regular one-to-one support for input and guidance to achieve agreed targets and will be subject to annual performance appraisals.
For more information, please see the Job Description above.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.