Employment & Skills Programme Manager
- Job Title: Employment & Skills Programme Manager
- Reports to: Deputy Chief Executive
- Manages: Team of 1 Deputy Programme Manager, 8 Project Manager and 4 Project Coordinators
- Location: Based ELBA’s offices in Crossharbour. Working from home will also be required on a regular basis.
- Salary: £38,000 – £45,000 (negotiable)
- Annual leave: 27 days per annum plus public holidays
- Application deadline: TBC
- Interviews commence: TBC
Applicants please click ‘Apply here’ below to apply. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When ELBA’s employment and skills programme was established in 2005, its mandate was simple; to engage our member companies in the local unemployment agenda and help disadvantaged people from East London into work. Since then, we have supported over 6,000 people into work, thousands more have benefitted from work experience placements, internships, mentors and training.
Our approach to skills and employment embraces the many dimensions of people’s lives and recognises the critical junctures disadvantaged communities face when considering aspirations, careers and employment.
ELBA’s unique status as a private sector funded regeneration agency, lends itself perfectly to employment and skills agenda. Our membership base provides access to their opportunities, supply chains and strong market knowledge; enabling us to galvanise and drive this crucial work forward.
ELBA’s employment and skills team continues to increase its scope, partnerships, projects and job outputs year on year. This is backed by an excellent framework for delivery, and underpinned by the support of our Skills and Employment board members, a representative group of 27 large active employers of local labour. Funders contributing to the programme’s success span both private and public sector and include Accenture, Barclays, British Land, HSBC, Nomura, State Street and ISS Facilities Services.
The postholder will lead a portfolio of projects, engaging with multiple funders and stakeholders from across the public, private and voluntary sector. Key to this role is the ability to align these strands of activity to produce a coherent offer to local beneficiaries that delivers positive destinations and outcomes.
- To manage ELBA’s programme of employment initiatives which place people from disadvantaged backgrounds into jobs, placements and work experience including the management of review meetings with key stakeholders to cement relationships, maximise business and aid retention.
- To maximising opportunities for collaboration across the Employment team and deliver solutions to complex problems.
- To create and sustain close relationships with ELBA business members and other employers, securing their commitment to the employment programme and a regular flow of opportunities and a willingness to consider speculative approaches with candidates from ELBA.
- To create and sustain effective partnerships with community organisations and other providers, building sustainable referral mechanisms and processes that will allow for achievement of mutual goals and targets.
- To lead and be accountable for maintenance of quality standards recording of data and satisfying evidence requirements, ensuring compliance against contractual requirements.
- To explore, develop and implement new approaches to employment and employability issues, including investigating funding sources and bid writing, working across internal programmes.
- To lead and manage the Employment team members, meeting ELBA’s required standards for management and ensuring the team have clear direction and targets and are supported to develop their skills and give the best of themselves.
- To champion ELBA’s safeguarding policies and to be the designated lead office for safeguarding for the Employment programmes.